Thursday 13 June 2013

The Beastles: Ill Submarine



djBC has released Ill Submarine, a new Beastles mash-up album, dedicated to the memory of Adam Yauch (the Beastie's MCA). Go get it now! It's awesome. And if you're new to the Beastles, here's the back-catalogue (enjoy it before it gets taken down again!)

I remember when I first heard the Beastles on a mash-up special of The Sounds in My Head. I was late to the game, and the 2 albums were difficult to track down anywhere on the interwebs (they had been the subject of take-down notices from those kind record company folk). As I recall, I used that old trick of turning Google into a public-directory-mp3 search engine. Since then I've listened The Beastles and Let It Beast countless times, and these tracks are almost always in my car, either in full-album form or in another mix. Thanks djBC!

No comments:

Post a Comment